Merit’s PSC Module is part of Merit’s award winning suite of products and is a comprehensive system designed specifically to meet the payroll and invoicing needs of the Single Person Company or Personal Service company sector. Paying single person workers over multiple companies has unique demands and the Merit’s PSC system automates payroll and client management. Merit’s PSC Module makes life easier for those responsible for managing the process of paying single person companies.
Whether you are an Accountancy Firm, Umbrella Company or simply looking to manage your PSC overhead the Merit PSC system allows a huge amount of tailoring and flexibility. As well as PSC management our award-winning system has the capability to operate ‘Micro Employer’ and ‘Mini-Umbrella’ schemes with the flexibility to scale to volumes in the tens of thousands without impacting performance.
Evolution and compliance
The Merit PSC Module has evolved over many years and incorporates many features requested by customers or mandated by changes to legislation.
It is Merit Software’s policy to include standard compliance with new legislation as a non-chargeable upgrade provided that a support agreement is in place.
The module supports Flat Rate VAT schemes, flexible fee and margin options, calculation of corporation tax on profit and net dividend as well as monthly HMRC liability reports.
The software is fully compliant with Intermediaries Reporting, Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) legislation and has been awarded recognition by HMRC for its Real Time Information (RTI) compliance. Pensions Auto Enrolment is also supported with an optional module to manage the auto enrolment process and interface directly with a selection of pension providers chosen by your PSC customers.
Data entry and integration
Merit’s PSC Module provides a full set of tools to manage every aspect of importing and paying workers from timesheet data entry and import wizards, validation and approval through producing payslips and dividend statements to creating the files and reports for BACS transfer and HMRC submission.
Cross company employee search is featured to save time searching for employees across multiple PSC clients.
Time saving features:
- Produce individual reports for PSC’s for email or print.
- Multiple RTI submissions with a single click giving you huge savings in administration time.
- Online portal and app for workers to view payslips and dividend statements.
- Online capture of expense claims.
- Report on deadlines such as Corporation tax due dates and annual return dates.
- Deal with multiple worker holiday options including holiday on overtime, daily, hourly and value based accruals.
- Outputs to your chosen accounts package.
- Simple employee import utility.
- Salary payment options with fixed salary, minimum wage or tax free amount choices.